Stages of information systems development:
1. Pre-project examination of the facility.
2. Design of information System.
3. Development of the information system.
As a result of the pre-project survey two documents are received:
Specification and feasibility study.
At the design stage on the basis of technical specification and feasibility study the document – Techno-working project is being developed.
Then on the basis of the received design decisions the information system is developed. The development process involves the implementation of this project, the programmatic implementation of the tasks allocated in the process of design, as well as the complex of works on the implementation of information system.
Information System Design Process:
- Study of economic object.
- Decomposition of the information system.
- Design of technical support.
- Design of mathematical support.
- Design of information support.
The development of the information system includes the following stages:
- Development of technical support.
- Development of mathematical support.
- Development of information support.
- Software development.
- Development of organizational and legal support.
The introduction of the information system is a process that includes the preparation of the facility, pilot operation and delivery of the system to the industrial operation.
The preparation of the facility includes the following set of activities:
- Organizational activities (Plan of actions for preparation for implementation).
- Measures on preparation of technical base (equipment, installation of equipment, its commissioning, training).
- Preparation of information base (loading of information base).
Reliability of IP-property of the IP to keep in time within the set limits the values of all parameters characterizing the ability to perform the required functions in the specified modes and conditions of application, maintenance, storage and transportation .
The intuitive reliability of the IC is associated with the inadmissibility of failure. This is an understanding of reliability in a “narrow” sense — the property of the IP to maintain a healthy state for some time or some work. In other words, the reliability of IP lies in the absence of unforeseen unacceptable changes in its quality during operation and storage. Reliability is closely related to the various parts of the operation process. Reliability in the “broad” sense is a complex property which, depending on the purpose of the IP and its operating conditions, can include the properties of failure, durability, maintainability and persistence, as well as a certain combination of these Properties.
Evaluation of IP. The quality of the information system is a combination of the system’s properties, which determine the possibility of its use to meet the requirements defined in accordance with its purpose. The quantitative characteristics of these properties are determined by the indicators. The basic indicators of quality of information systems are reliability, reliability, safety.
Reliability is the system’s property to keep in time within the set limits the values of all parameters characterizing the ability to perform the required functions in the specified modes and conditions of application.
Reliability of functioning-the property of the system, makes the faultlessness of its transformations of the information.
Information system security is a property consisting in the ability of the system to provide confidentiality and integrity of information, i.e. protection of information from unauthorized access for the purpose of its disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Failure-a property of the system to maintain a healthy state for some time or work (work-time or volume of the system).
Business strategy and information technology. The relationship between business needs and the benefits of using it. Analysis of key factors
Business is complicated and accelerated. In order to survive and thrive in the new reality, firms are improving their management of business processes. The key factor in this issue is the use of new information technologies implemented in corporate information systems, e-commerce, intellectual information systems, electronic document circulation. The success of the whole organization depends on how competently they will be carried out: selection, operation, modernization, training of personnel using it-technologies. Thus, we can say that studying the keys, e-commerce, intellectual information systems, we study the management of the enterprise with the help of new information technologies; At the same time we study specific information hardware and software products of leading domestic and foreign companies.
The analysis of key factors (what is called Business drivers in English) allows answering the question: “Why does the organization need improvement?” Understanding these factors allows you to link it investments with business plans and provides a point of view Investment in it as a development of key abilities or opportunities (capabilities) of the organization in terms of doing business.
Thus, key factors reflect the view of the organization’s top management on what is important to the business (within a given horizon of time) and thus important enough that necessarily requires certain changes.
Business strategy should identify the direction of business development (main area of activity) of the organization and the reasons
Movement in this direction. The IT architecture must identify the information systems that are required to support the business strategy. The IT strategy should show how these systems can be implemented in the organization and what technologies are needed to do so. By considering these factors, you can get an idea of the contribution that each application system makes to the business of the Organization.
Why are the issues of IT strategy development and it architecture becoming especially relevant now? The explanation can be based on a whole set of factors, the main of which are related to:
- Developments in the business and industrial society;
- Changing the role of information technology in business and society;
- Change of corporate culture and style of management in business;
- And with an objective increase in the company’s IT budgets.
The following factors are among the typical business changes that have a significant impact on the use of information technologies:
- The globalization of business related to the need to combine different national processes, data and personnel;
- The dynamics of mergers and acquisitions, leading to the objective integration of various information systems, the integration of IT services and, what is most difficult, integrating different corporate cultures. It should be noted that corporate takeovers have become relevant in Russia;
- The advent of an adaptive business style – the transition from a model based on an existing product line (T. Mr. “Make-and-sell”), to a model based on a flexible response to market needs (“sense-and-respond”). This style is associated with the recognition of the inevitability and unpredictability of changes in the external environment. Companies that have adopted such a model associate success with the implementation of such transformations in business processes and organizational structure, which could quickly and adequately adapt to the developments;
- Shorten business process and business virtualization.
If you liked this article (or did not like it) or you disagree with me, write, I will be glad to comments. Ask your questions, I will answer them.